Friday 10 July 2015

TV/Happy Times!/Your Request Sing Along With Mitch – MITCH MILLER**

TV: California Here I Come-Avalon/I Found A Million Dollar Baby/Breezin’ Along With The Breeze/Happy Days Are Here Again/Has Anybody Here Seen Kelly-I’ve Got Rings On My Fingers/Shuffle Off To L Buffalo/ Moonlight Bay-There’s Yes Yes In Your Eyes/The Love Nest/Would You Like To Take A Walk/You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby-If I Could Be With You/Its Only A Paper Moon/Auf Wiedersehen My Dear Happy Times: That’s My Weakness Now-Last Night On The Back Porch/I Love My Baby My Baby Loves Me-If You Knew Susie/Indiana/Where Do You Work A John-Yes We Have No Bananas/Collegiate-Alabamy Bound/The Trail Of The Lonesome Pine/My Melancholy Baby/Side By Side/Anniversary Song/Wagon Wheels/The Prisoner’s Song/Beautiful Ohio Your Request: When The Red Red Robin Comes Bob Bob Bobbin’ Along/Cecilia/Under The Bamboo Tree/Back In Your Own Backyard/(I Wanna Go Where You Go Do What You Do)Then I’ll Be Happy/Sunny Side Up/You’re The Cream In My Coffee/Harbour Lights/The Sweetheart Of Sigma Chi/Did You Ever See A Dream Walking/ Aura Lee/Its Been A Long Long Time/By The Beautiful Sea/Paddlin Madelin’ Home/Drifting & Dreaming

More singalong albums from Mitch Miller & His Gang, sales boosted by his regular US TV show. In contrast he was completely unknown in Britain. TV peaked at No. 3, Happy Times! at No. 5 and Your Request No. 6 on the US album chart. None of his 1962 releases would make the top twenty.

“There's no doubt that Mitch Miller will never be forgotten by those of us who used to watched his TV show, singing those old standards. The legendary maestro captured the simplicity of songs that were not only beautifully written and sung, but more so, understandable. The crisp voices of the Mitch Miller singers captured their essence.”

“There is no one like Mitch Miller. You know every one of his songs, they were learnt in second grade music class, or in summer camp. Your mom, dad and grandparents knew all the words to the verses, and somehow, when you hear the tune, you know the words too. This is the musical equivalent of comfort food. It is impossible to resist singing along.”

“Kids will likely enjoy the easy-to-remember tunes. Adults will enjoy the funny, catchy lyrics and the harmony. All in all, this is great music that has stood the test of time.”

“The wonderful music of Mitch Miller and his chorus came into the households of so many Americans; and I am still amazed by that classic Mitch Miller sound. These songs remain special today for their charm and their timeless appeal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment