Wednesday 15 April 2015

Jealousy – PERCY FAITH***

Jealousy/Temptation/More Than You Know/The Most Beautiful Girl In The World/Tia Juana/Sophisticated Lady/ Begin The Beguine/That Old Black Magic/Right As The Rain/Dancing On The Ceiling/Where Or When/I’ve Told Every Little Star

Orchestral albums that featured romantic standards together with a dash of new hit tunes provided a winning formula that appealed to the early 1960s adult album buying public. Percy Faith’s Jealousy is a good representative of the genre. (US:7)

Jealousy is a marvellous collection of not often heard older standards. All are superbly arranged and flawlessly recorded...a must.”

“Each track is carefully arranged and the result is always breathtaking. This is a must have for all fans and connoisseurs of Percy Faith.”

“I yield to no one in my admiration for Percy Faith, but this collection comes up short from my point of view. Too many of the tunes just refuse to gel in Faith's orchestrations. Jealousy is loosely organized and overly fussy, although not without some interest. I would recommend it only to Percy Faith completists, among whom I must count myself.”

“For this record the song selection was a little weak. Percy tried to record too many of the current hits of the time and wound up with less than desirable results. I would have preferred that he stick with the golden standards that he plays so well.”

Jealousy is a darker and more brooding affair than usual, featuring stately but dramatic renditions of a dozen classic love songs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment