Saturday 29 November 2014

Join Bing & Sing Along – BING CROSBY**

Take Me Out To The Ball Game-Meet Me In St Louis Louis-Peggy O’Neill/K K K Katy-Mairzy Doats-Old Mcdonald Had A Farm/Aura Le-Cuddle Up A Little Closer/Daisy Bell-The Bowery-After The Ball/Long Long Ago-On The Banks Of The Wabash-I Was Seeing Nellie Home/Shoo Fly Don’t Bother Me-On Them Golden Slippers-On The Road To Mandalay/Give My Regards To Broadway-Mary’s A Grand Old Name-You’re A Grand Old Flag/When You Wore A Tulip-You Were Meant For Me/Goodbye My Lady Love-Linger Awhile-Heart Of My Heart/Doodle Doo Doo-All I Do Is Dream Of You/Alice Blue Gown-I Love You Truly-When I Grow To Old To Dream/A Hot Time In The Old Town Tonight-Toot Toot Tootsies/Ta Ra Ra Boom Der E

Join Bing & Sing Along was a double album of singalong medleys that appears very similar to the Mitch Miller formula from the States. It featured many old tunes some of which even pre-date Bing Crosby’s recording career. (UK:7)

“I was brought up listening to this album as a child and the rich voice of Bing Crosby and happy style of the music has stayed with me. This was such an influence on my diverse musical taste and I will be forever grateful for this introduction to Bing Crosby's music.”

“This album is a joy. It was recorded in the late fifties when Bing's voice had mellowed like a fine vintage wine. The only downside is that the musical accompaniment sounds like some bloke on a Wurlitzer at the end of Blackpool Pier. But don't let that put you off. Needless to say it's great toe tapping stuff and note perfect all the way through. Buy it and play it in the car when you're out on your Sunday drives.”

No comments:

Post a Comment