Sunday 12 May 2019

The World Of - JOHNNY CASH***

Accidentally On Purpose/In The Jailhouse Now/I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know/Casey Jones/Frankie's Man Johnny/The Legend Of John Henry Hammer/When Papa Played The Dobro/Busted/Sing It Pretty Sue/Waiting For A Train/I Still Miss Someone/Pickin' Time/My Shoes Keep Walking Back To You/I Want To Go Home/I Feel Better All Over/I'm So Lonesome I Could Try/Supper Time/In Them Old Cottonfields Back Home/Delia's Gone/One More Ride

The World Of Johnny Cash is a now largely forgotten double LP showcasing many songs from the singer's back catalogue. Unlike this one, there are many other compilations of his songs available on CD. (US:54 UK:5)

"This record holds some of the best renditions of Johnny Cash. If you're a fan this is a must-have. It contains some of Cash's minor hits, as well as several songs that were never released as singles."

"For those of you disposed to vinyl and Johnny Cash this is a very useful record that collects his second-tier releases of the Sixties. For fans of American Recordings, Folsom, and the collections featuring the popular older stuff, this is a great next step deeper into the catalogue. These recordings, which you might not have heard, are as good as anything that he's done."

"I only recently discovered Johnny Cash. Better late than never. I can't remember the last time I listened with such undivided concentration. There's something about Johnny Cash's songwriting and his delivery that is just hypnotic. You find yourself really listening to the words."

"I would recommend this to anyone new to country music, Johnny Cash is a great songwriter, a wonderful guitarist and a legend in his own right."

No comments:

Post a Comment