Tuesday 11 December 2018

Engelbert Humperdinck – ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK****

I’m A Better Man/Gentle On My Mind/Love Letters/A Time For Us/Didn’t We/I Wish You Love/Aquarius-Let The Sun Shine In/All You’ve Gotta Do I Ask/The Signs Of Love/Café/Let’s Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye/Winter World Of Love

Last of the classic albums released by Engelbert during the late 1960s. His future releases would never reach the heights of this golden period. Engelbert Humperdinck includes the top twenty hits Winter World Of Love and I’m A Better Man. (US:5 UK:5)

“Engelbert delivers the goods here with some fine renditions of the big hits of 1969. The first side is standard pop hits, with Gentle On My Mind and Jimmy Webb's Didn't We. The second side has a groovy, stirring Aquarius - Let The Sunshine In and ensures that there's more than enough for all Engelbert fans. Another cool album from a fine vocalist.”

“This is real singing, flawless and effortless, the man is a legend. Not like the rubbish that's current now.”

“A masterful control over his voice. Incredible talent with romantic songs.”

“He sings far better than most singers today. Engelbert has an impressive voice that you will never forget.”

“Though some of his other songs may be better known, I've always thought that Winter World Of Love showcased his magnificent voice the best.”

“He is just fantastic. His voice is so beautiful that it enters very deep into your heart and fills you with joy.”

“When you hear the garbage that they call music today, and then listen to Engelbert and his glorious voice, it just breaks my heart that young people don't know the great music we heard when we were kids.”

I’m A Better Man is an excellent song and his singing marvellous. I wonder why this wonderful Bacharach tune is so rarely heard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment