Tuesday 2 December 2014

I Remember Hank Williams – JACK SCOTT**

My Heart Would Know/Your Cheatin’ Heart/I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You/Cold Cold Heart/You Win Again/Half As Much/They’ll Never Take Her Love From Me/Crazy Heart/I’m Sorry For You My Friend/Take These Chains From My Heart/I Can’t Escape From You/May You Never Be Alone

Canadian Jack Scott is one of the less well remembered rock & roll artists from the 1950s. With this tribute album to Hank Williams he is already leaving his roots behind in an attempt to establish himself in the more adult genre of country music. (UK:7)

“Jack's mournful voice is well-suited to these Hank Williams songs, the string arrangements are very unusual - not the Nashville sound type. I especially love his deliveries on Cold Cold Heart and You Win Again. This is fun music, and I recommend it highly.”

“A lot of artists have paid tribute to the great Hank Williams, but I found this one the weakest contribution. Just for absolute Jack Scott fans only.”

“These Hank Williams' tracks feature the distinctive clear voice of Jack accompanied by strings and a choral group, singing the popular, plaintive ballads of lost love, immortalised by the 'father' of country music Hank Williams. These well loved country ballads are ideal to sing along with whilst driving, or just to listen to with the lights down low and a glass of wine, especially when you're in a quiet restful mood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment